Refresh and Revitalize: A Healthy Summer Detox
Posted by on
If you’ve strayed from The Blood Type Diet, or are just due for a deep internal cleanse, try our healthy, one-week detox. With an easy-to-follow regimen of food and supplements compatible for your type, you’ll quickly feel refreshed and renewed. Start by following these general tips. Blood-type specific advice is below.
- The Benefits of Beneficials. Choose only foods that are “beneficial” or “highly beneficial” for your type. If you need menu guidance, refer back to your Eat Right, Live Right, Cook Right or GenoType Diet books. Or, find meals in the recipe section of our blog.
- Whole, Organic, Fresh. Purchase organic when possible and stick to buying whole — rather than processed — foods.
- When Life Gives You Lemons… Try starting the day with a tall glass of water and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Stay Hydrated. Continue drinking water throughout the day. Water helps with cell regeneration and cleansing the body. Aim to drink eight to ten glasses of water per day.
- Go Natural. Avoid being around harsh chemicals and steer clear of chemical cleansers – try vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda instead. Natural options are not only better for your health, they’re great for the environment too.
- Fresh is Best. Get some fresh air! Next time you have half and hour to spare, go for a walk or try one of these blood type specific exercise routines. Brisk movement will leave you feeling revived.
- Try Supplements. As part of your detox plan, try the following type-specific herbal supplements. You should follow each protocol for 7 consecutive days.
For a detox-friendly sweet treat, try our Blood Sugar Balancing Green Smoothies.