Mushroom Soup - Right 4 All Types
Posted by on
The rich, earthy flavor of mushroom soup is a warm, welcome addition to a chilly winter evening. It is not only delicious but also easy to make, good for all blood types, and the entire recipe takes less than a half hour from stove to table.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound right-for-your-type, fresh mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced thin (about 5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups right-for-your-type broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- ¼ cup right-for-your-type milk (soy, almond or rice)
- Place ghee and olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook until it begins to brown (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, 2 tablespoons thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until mushrooms become limp (about 2 to 4 minutes).
- Add broth, scraping up any browned bits in the pot with a wooden spoon. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until the mushrooms are tender (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and let cool slightly. Transfer about half the soup to a stand blender, and process until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot, and stir in the milk and sherry.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed, and reheat. Garnish each serving with a s