Jam-Filled Almond Macarons - Right 4 All Types
Posted by on
Simplify your holiday cooking with these easy-to-bake, right-for-all-types treats. The soft and chewy cookies can be enjoyed on their own or with your favorite fruit jam or spread during this festive season. Find more recipes like this one in Dr. Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right for 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbooks.
Makes 20-24 small macarons (about ⅞ inch each).
- 1 cup whole almonds, blanched and toasted
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 1 medium egg white
- The zest of a lime
- ½ vanilla bean*, seeds scraped
- Powdered sugar** for dusting
- Additional whole almonds for decorating the tops of your macarons
- Filling: fruit jam, chocolate spread or nut butter right for your type***
*Vanilla is an Avoid for Type O non-secretors.
**Sugar is an Avoid for all non-secretors.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the sugar and agave in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the egg white and lime zest, and pulse until combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat. With a small ice-cream scoop, scoop the dough onto the tray, allowing some space between each macaron ball.
- Bake the macarons for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Once cooked, cool the macarons on a rack.
- Serve as is or assemble with a jam or spread of your choice.