National Blood Type Awareness Day
Mark Your Calendars!
Sunday, June 14, is National Blood Type Awareness and Blood Donor Day.
Make sure to check back here for additional blood type factoids, promotions, and information that make living a personalized lifestyle so rewarding.
Some blood type facts:
- Type O is the most common blood type; Type AB is the most rare.
- Blood makes up about 7% of your total body weight.
- In Japan, ketsu-eki-gata, or Japanese blood type analysis is a big business and corporations use it to hire workers, market researchers use it to predict buying habits, and many people use it to choose romantic partners.
- There are 33 blood group systems representing over 300 antigens that are listed by the International Society of Blood Transfusion.
- Of these, there are four major blood groups -- O, A, B and AB, and these are the important blood groups with regards to nutritional guidelines developed by Dr. D'Adamo.